11.09.2012

Gratitude


This is what I have been feeling more than anything lately. We have been so blessed, and I don't even know where to begin to show how grateful I am. A "thank you" is such an understatement for the way we feel about the help and prayers offered by those around us. Friends, family, neighbors, and people we don't even know, have truly given us so much more than we deserve.  I do feel that Kaelyn deserves these things, but as her parents, I don't know that we do? The help we have received financially has certainly lightened our load and allowed us to put more of our concern on our children as opposed to overwhelming our minds with questions and the stress of how to pay for this medical help.  So to all of those who have contributed in any way, thank you.  The help we have received with friends and neighbors being able to watch Isaac at the last minute when we have to run to the doctor unexpectedly has been amazing.  It is hard not being near family at a time like this, let alone being still somewhat new to the area we are in.  We are so grateful to all who have offered to watch Isaac and who have dropped their plans to help us out.  Thank you.  The help we have received from thoughts, and most especially prayer, has been astounding.  If you told me a year ago that I would be going through something of this magnitude, I would have imagined myself as a huge, emotional, stress case.  That has certainly not been the case, and I attribute the strength and faith I have felt to the many prayers coming our way.  Also, Kaelyn has done very well with her treatment and has handled being cooped up in the house or being sick very well.  Thanks to everyone who has thought of Kaelyn and expressed your love and friendship in so many different ways. I know Kaelyn has felt of your love and she has become a better, more loving child through all of this.

And she's really cool. Look at that hair growing in!!



3 comments:

  1. Wow Chels. I am so impressed with you and your family. I admire you. Look how beautiful Kaelyn is. I love her cute hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys! Wonderful post! You deserve it all! :) Looks like she has some good hair growing back in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are amazing and deserve all that good that comes your way :) I think of you guys often and hope everything continues to go well and that all of this will be history soon... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete