8.07.2012

Old News - Week 8


The past couple of weeks have continued to go well for Kaelyn.  She did respond with some sickness after each of the chemotherapy sessions, but for no longer than 2 days.  Each was followed by nausea and vomiting, tiredness, and weakness.  She seems to be back to herself by day 3.  Also, Kaelyn's hair has started noticeably thinning.  I noticed more hair being vacuumed up and on Kaelyn's pillow case, but it wasn't until I mentioned to others around me that her hair might be thinning and they replied "Yeah, I noticed," that I really accepted it.  It is just thinning so far, and depending how I do her hair, it isn't always noticeable.  Usually if I pull her hair back her receding hair line shows as well as her widening part, but if I leave it down it isn't really noticeable at all.  So I will continue to play this waiting game to see if we will end up shaving her head.  I wish I could get my mind off it though!  It seems like I'm constantly monitoring her scalp, trying to determine if the thinning has slowed, or worsened.  Just today I've finally been able to calm down a little bit and try to forget about it because no matter how much I think about it, whatever is going to happen, is going to happen! 

This pic was actually taken later than this post was written.  This was when I decided it was time for a shave.  See next post!

We just finished 2 weeks of swim lessons.  Aside from the lack of lessons provided, and the lack of heat in the water, I guess you could say it was fun!  Every kid was crying to get out of the pool before it was even halfway over every day!  The water was way too cold for those kids.  And even worse?  It was a parent and child class so I had to get in too ;)  I was sure missing that triple digit weather at the time!  But, Kaelyn now knows how to "scoop and kick" even better than she did before!

Kaelyn mid-butterfly stroke. 

As for the Make-A-Wish update, we will for sure be going to Disney World.  I have heard so many great things about what is offered there for wish children and I'm excited for Kaelyn to experience it.  There are still a lot of details to iron out, but the nice thing is we don't really have to worry about any of that!



No comments:

Post a Comment