5.24.2012

WARNING:  I am so tired this may not make sense!

Today was another good day.  Despite last night!  Just before we went to bed I noticed a little lump along Kaelyn's spine.  Normally I wouldn't think much of a lump, it just the last lump I saw on her turned out to be CANCER.  I don't think I'll be able to see that as something minor for a while!  I was pretty stressed and couldn't sleep.  I guess the majority of what made last night so terrible was the anxiety of what could happen tomorrow.  Everything turned out great though.  The lump disappeared when we got to the hospital.  It was gone on examination, although it was still there when we left the house!  After about an hour of trying to get Kaelyn to drink the Sprite spiked with contrast, we had to wait another hour for it to coat her insides, and then she had the CT scan.  We found out the tumor is about 10 cm in diameter (pull out a ruler to get an idea of how big that is).  In an almost 3-year old, the scan shows the tumor takes up the entire left side of her abdomen.  There is hardly any kidney left there.  So, the surgeon says we will be removing the tumor and the left kidney on Monday.  We still will not know for sure the type of tumor she has, because the biopsy will be done after it is removed.  Therefore, we don't know the stage of the cancer either.

I will have to post a video of Kaelyn under sedation tonight.  Pretty funny stuff :)

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are being comforted by The Lord. We will keep praying and checking the blog for news. We love you all! Liz & Josh & kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a good day! I hope you get some rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsey, you are amazing. How blessed Kaelyn is to have such a great Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will keep praying that it has not spread and that all the cancer will be removed on monday. I agree from above, you guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing that the lump on her back disappeared. But 10 cm is huge to be in little Rae's tummy. :( Know that many prayers are being sent your way! It sounds like angels are with you during this time. Lots of love from us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chelsey, I sure hope you can get some rest! What a long weekend in anticipation I'm sure, but LOTS of prayers are in your behalf....Keep on Keeping on :) You guys ARE amazing!!

    ReplyDelete